Scholastic Chess of Indiana



– 2:00 PM Friday –


Your regional has been POSTPONED 

Until Saturday, January 20, 2018

Weather conditions in the Southern Indiana area, including Evansville, have turned out worse than expected and forced us to cancel for tomorrow.  Details will follow as needed, but plan on the Evansville regional being hosted at the same site and schedule next Saturday, 1/20/18.

The Goshen and Indianapolis regional tournaments are still on schedule for 1/13/18.


– 1:00 PM Wednesday –

Parents & Coaches,

As many of you are already aware, the numerous forecasts over the past couple of days have shown the possibility of snow and ice in varying parts of the state that could impact our regional tournaments in Evansville, Goshen, and Indianapolis this weekend.  The forecasts that we have seen are highly inconsistent up till now and we have not made any decisions that would change the schedule at the tournament locations.  Each regional is still planning on starting at 9 am, local time.

Along with providing a fun and educational experience, the safety of all of the players, coaches, and parents traveling to and from each regional is of great concern to Scholastic Chess of Indiana.  If weather becomes an issue that forces us to postpone or delay the start of a regional at any location, that information WILL BE POSTED HERE FIRST.  It is not necessary to call or email any organizer or director as they will not have any more updated information than what is posted here.

Because of the difficult elements involved in planning a regional, including determining the number of State Finals qualifiers in each section, ensuring that each regional has the capacity for the expected number of players, and having the appropriate amount of supplies on-hand, it is not possible to allow players to change regional locations at this time.



Leave a Comment